1/28/08

a challenging quote

“When principles that run against your deepest convictions begin to win the day, then battle is your calling, and peace has become sin; you must, at the price of dearest peace, lay your convictions bare before friend and enemy, with all the fire of your faith.” - Abraham Kuyper

I do not place this quote on my blog as a political statement or an agenda concerning America's posture before the world. I place it on here because it's stirs me at a spiritual level. I know we are called to be peacemakers. However, in the privacy of our inner room with God there must be an aggression demonstrated. I refer you to Luke 18 and the woman who gave the unjust judge no rest. I remind you of Jesus admonition "that heaven suffers violence and the violent take it by force."

The force that must be exhibited is the realm of prayer and the disciplines of the heart. Loving when we do not want to. Releasing honor when we are surrounded by dishonorable people. We are in a kairos moment of time that demands for the leaders to arise and lead.

These are my random thoughts this morning.....

until next time....

No comments: